POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : --- : Re: Alternative rendering algorithm - attached files (1/3) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:28:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alternative rendering algorithm - attached files (1/3)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 9 Apr 2004 16:43:07
Message: <40770adb@news.povray.org>
In article <cjameshuff-D26DDD.14415709042004@news.povray.org> , Christopher
James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet>  wrote:

> Subject: Alternative rendering algorithm

> --------------yrji_igXHWvd
>
> Some tests of another method for handling reflection and refraction. See
> post in povray.programming for details.
>
> fullrender.png used the traditional algorithm with 16 samples per pixel
> and took about 9 minutes.
>
> rtracecompass256.png used the per-evaluation random method, with 256
> samples per pixel. As I recall, this took 30 minutes.
>
> randompass64 used the per-pass random method with 64 samples, and took a
> little under 5 minutes to render.

Hi Chris,

I have nothing that can decode the message you posted.  You may want to give
the MT-NewsWatcher authors a nice kick in the ass and use a properly
functioning newsreader.  I know MT-NewsWatcher is a popular Mac newsreader,
but as someone who had to write a news message decoder, I can tell you it is
one of the worst newsreaders when it comes to posting what is even remotely
a valid news message <sigh>

A MIME message split using old-style Unset multipart style is definitely one
of the worst possible ideas. This is definitely not supported by any
standard :-(

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde